Bromford customers (who signed an agreement with Severn Vale Housing Society) can apply to move to another property through Gloucestershire Homeseeker Plus however to qualify for a transfer you will need to show that your circumstances have changed since you move in, meaning you need a different home. This could be because:
- your home is now too big, meaning you are under occupied
- your family has grown and your home is now over occupied
- your current home is not suitable due to mobility issues, a disability or other medical issues
- caring responsibilities - you need to move closer to someone you care for such as an elderly relative
- employment - you've been offered a new job and need to move closer to work
- you need to move closer to your children for access (where a relationship has ended).
- closer for work or school, where the applicant is reliant on public transport and there is no direct service.
- Your rent account needs to be clear.
A move will not be approved if you want to move to another property with the same number of bedrooms as your current home, a like-for-like move, and you do not have any of the above justifiable reasons for doing so. However if you have been refused a transfer on the above grounds, we will offer housing advice and encourage you to consider mutual exchange through Homeswapper.co.uk.