Retirement housing is specially designed rented accommodation for people over the age of 60. There are over 400 properties across our 12 schemes, including 1 and 2 bedroom flats, 1 and 2 bedroom bungalows and some studio flats.
There are variations between each of the schemes, but mostly they provide the following features:
- communal lounge
- dedicated Scheme Manager
- security and safety features such as a pull cord and pendant
- 24 hour emergency assistance through an alarm service
- access to shared gardens
- laundry room
Why not enjoy your retirement and get the best out of life in comfortable surroundings, with the benefit of 24-hour emergency alarm service, secure door entry and a Scheme Manager to offer additional support.
What are the benefits of living in our retirement shemes?
Some of the things our customers feel make a difference living in our retirement housing are:
- Good quality housing
- A home for life wherever possible
- Your own front door
- Peace of mind, with help on hand via the Scheme Manager or central control in emergencies
- Security (living close by others, having a Scheme Manager close by, intercom entrance)
- Company and social activities when you want
- Remaining part of a community
What do our Scheme Managers do?
Each scheme has its own dedicated Scheme Manager who are responsible for:
- helping new tenants settle in and explain how things work
- making regular contact with each resident as required
- assisting with emergencies
- encouraging social activities and independent living
- liaising with residents, families and agencies to assist with independent living (support planning).
"I feel very well looked after here. I love getting involved in the activities, such as the coffee mornings and the fish and chip meals."
"I like the peace of mind I get from knowing that help is at hand if I need it."
"When my husband died, I felt very lonely. Moving here however has given me a real boost as I really enjoy the company of the friends I have met here."