Janette Vizard is our Grants and Social Value Officer. In the last twelve months, she has successfully applied for over £200,000 in grants for local groups. She has a phenomenal 46.4% success rate with her grant applications.
Some of the projects Janette has been involved in include:
- Funding secured for outreach work for children with anxiety and illness.
- Funding for Tewkesbury School for an awning to create an outside classroom.
- Funding for Tewkesbury Borough Safety Partnership to run martial arts classes for girls and boys.
- Helping to tackle isolation and loneliness for older people by obtaining funding for five sets of indoor bowls.
- Supporting the creation of local job clubs and financial awareness training as part of our welfare reform strategy.
- Funding for a new kitchen, toilets, CCTV and children’s summer programme for Brockworth Community Centre and Library.
- Helping the Furniture Recycling Project to obtain funding to buy a new van.
Janette has been working in four key areas of our patch – mainly Northway, Priors Park, Churchdown and Brockworth. She is supporting charities to ensure they have the necessary skills to apply for grants and is providing expertise on aspects of compliance and advising them on constitutions. She is making sure that we are supporting sustainable communities and passing on skills to charities to become self-sufficient.