We're launching our gardening competition today and inviting customers to send in their photo entries (and a few words to support their entry) by email or Facebook.
With seven categories to choose from and a competition deadline of Wednesday 31 July, there's plenty of time to get out and gardening - or to plan your garden on a plate entry!
- Best garden - for tenants who maintain their own garden (can be front or rear garden)
- Best shared garden – for tenants who do not have their own garden but look after a shared garden with neighbours
- Best container garden – for tenants who maintain pots, baskets, window boxes and/or containers
- Best edible garden – for tenants who grow fruit, vegetables and herbs in their garden
- Best wildlife-friendly garden – for tenants who maintain their garden to attract insects and other wildlife
- Best sunflower – quite simply, the tallest wins! Open to all ages
- Best garden on a plate - let your imagination run riot! Open to all ages
How to enter
Send up to 5 photos (maximum) via email (email@example.com) or message via Facebook to Severn Vale Housing's Facebook page. You can add a supporting statement (up to 100 words) if you wish, and you can enter more than one category. Please provide your name, address and telephone number when submitting your entry.
Entries close Wednesday 31 July 2018
All entries will be shortlisted by customers from our Stakeholder Senate, alongside members of staff. Severn Vale Housing will then visit all short-listed gardens (apart from 'garden on a plate'!) to decide the overall winner.
All entries will be featured on our Facebook page, with the winners also featured on our website, and in our newsletter Connect.
All entry submissions will receive a certificate and pen..
The winner in each category will receive a £25 Love to Shop voucher, with runner/s up receiving a £10 Love to Shop voucher.